Gynecomastia Treatment - How to Reduce Breast Size?
By Ajaya Kashyap
Gynecomastia is a condition that results in breast enlargement in men. Hormonal imbalances trigger this problem, and it may also be caused by medical conditions such as liver disease, hyperthyroidism, kidney failure, obesity, low testosterone levels, etc. Gynecomastia can impair a person’s self-confidence and cause emotional problems. However, gynecomastia treatment can be done with surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery is performed to remove excess fat, tissue and skin from the breasts to reduce their size and make them firmer and smaller. Liposuction alone can be performed to treat the condition, but many times gynecomastia treatment includes both liposuction and excision techniques.
How is Gynecomastia Treatment Done?
Swollen breast gland tissue, swelling in breasts, breast pain, breast tenderness, and nipple discharge in one or both breasts are major signs and symptoms of gynecomastia.
See your doctor if you experience any of the mentioned symptoms. Your doctor will do a physical examination and also take a detailed note of your medical history. The doctor may also ask you to go for some tests that may include blood tests and mammograms to make a confirmed diagnosis.
Various other medical conditions can also cause breast swelling. Hence, patients are asked to undergo a few tests so that it can be confirmed that breast swelling is caused by gynecomastia.
Conditions that cause similar symptoms are:
- Fatty Breast Tissue - Some boys and men have chest fat that may be mistaken for gynecomastia, but it isn’t the same condition as gynecomastia.
- A breast abscess - This condition is also known as mastitis and is an infection of the breast tissue.
- Breast Cancer - Breast cancer is not common in men, but it can occur. Presence of a firm module or enlargement of one breast can be signs of male breast cancer.
If gynecomastia is confirmed, the doctor will recommend a course of treatment.
Many times, gynecomastia resolves without treatment. Medical conditions such as cirrhosis, hypogonadism, also cause gynecomastia, and in such cases, that underlying condition may need treatment.
If any medication is causing the problem, then the doctor may recommend you to stop taking that medication or provide you with a substitute.
Gynecomastia often goes away within two years without treatment. However, if it doesn’t improve on its own or causes pain or tenderness, then treatment may be necessary.
Doctors prescribe medications for gynecomastia treatment. Surgery is recommended if medications do not help treat the condition.
In most cases, people get satisfactory results after gynecomastia surgery. There are two types of gynecomastia surgery procedures which include:
- Liposuction - In this surgical procedure, the surgeon only removes breast fat and not the breast gland tissue.
- Mastectomy - This surgical procedure involves removal of the breast gland tissue. This surgery is often done endoscopically and involves less recovery time.
Gynecomastia is a condition that can be difficult to cope with. But it can be treated easily with surgery or medications.
If you have gynecomastia and want to get rid of it with surgery, contact MedSpa.
source: https://www.nobedad.com/article/gynecomastia-treatment-how-to-reduce-breast-size-1/c=a0b6b7053b Back To Home