Causes of Periodontal Disease and its Prevention
By alonely learner
We generally get worked up if we see blood coming out of our hands or nose but ignore when our gums are bleeding. Bleeding gums are an alarming sign of bacterial infection in your mouth. This infection can spread and damage the structure and support system of teeth and jawbone. Eventually, the teeth will get loose and will have to be extracted. Oral bacterial infection has also led to other health problems like respiratory disorders, strokes, diabetes, etc.
Every day more and more people are getting affected by periodontal disease without even knowing about it. Periodontal disease, or gum disease, is a condition that is linked to a range of oral health problems and other diseases including body cancers. Maintaining your dental hygiene can keep the oral cavity free from deadly fungi and bacteria which cause gum disease. A better understanding of gum disease can help the patients to reduce such health risks and maintaining a well-balanced diet.
The most prevalent diseases on the planet earth are periodontal disease and tooth decay. It is a chronic infectious inflammation of the teeth and gums. The signs of gum diseases are bad breath that won’t go away. The major causes of this disease are -:
- Genes – These problems are hereditary, but that doesn’t mean your suffering is inevitable. You can always take good care of your health by visiting your dentist In Ludhiana regularly to cure the disease and maintain good oral health.
- Smoking – People who are frequent smokers have a high risk of periodontal diseases. If you already have a disease, continuous smoking makes it worse.
- Misaligned Teeth – Any situation that makes brushing and flossing difficult, leads to plaque. Plaque leads to severe gum problem.
- Stress – The periodontal disease can also cause due to stress. As stress leads our immune system to weaken and makes hard for the body to fight the infection.
- Poor Diet – Deficiency of Vitamin C can also cause bleeding gums. Proper diet is necessary for good oral hygiene. Proper diet is a must for keeping your body healthy and preventing any disease.
- Grinding and Gritting – These habits do not cause periodontal disease, but if any person is already infected it can add up to your misery.
For curing the periodontal disease, following preventive measures can be taken -:
- Brush your teeth regularly and properly – Brushing after meals helps to remove the food and plaque trapped between your teeth and gums.
- Floss – Flossing at least once a day helps to remove food particles and plaque between teeth and along the gum line that your toothbrush can’t quite reach.
- Regular checkups – To prevent the periodontal disease, it’s important to go for a regular checkup with the dentist for maintaining healthy teeth.
Taking care of your gums is as important as to the long-term health of your mouth as taking care of your teeth. So, get regular health checkups from Dental Whitefield; which is the best dental clinic in Ludhiana providing the ultimate treatment for all your dental problems. Back To Home