How Can Childless Couples Benefit From ICSI
By Dr. Shweta Goswami
ICSI treatment or Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection is the product of recent technological and scientific developments and has become a ray of hope for couples who have been struggling hard to have a baby since a very long time. It is especially a boon for couples who are not able to conceive a child due to low sperm count or male infertility. The process is somewhat similar to IVF (In vitro fertilization) procedure and involves the injection of a single, healthy sperm cell directly into the cytoplasm of an egg. ICSI infertility treatment in India has given a large number of childless couples a chance at parenthood. ICSI procedure is offered at all the best fertility clinics in Noida where the whole procedure is performed very carefully and each step is monitored thoroughly.
Male infertility can be the result of various factors like
- Inflammation in the veins of the testicles due to an underlying disease or inflammation.
- Retrograde ejaculation in which the semen, instead of coming out, flows backwards and enters into the bladder. The problem is very common in patients suffering from diabetes, injuries in the spine, prostate and other such problems.
- Sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhea or HIV can cause permanent damage to the testicles.
- Malignant or benign tumours and anti-bodies
- Hormonal imbalance like low testosterone production in males can also be an underlying cause of male infertility.
- Inability to erect the penis at the time of intercourse or ejaculating sperm on time.
Some other factors that are known to be associated with male infertility, according to the leading ICSI Infertility Treatment Doctors, are excessive consumption of alcohol, drugs, smoking, obesity, intercourse without protection, injury in the testicles or related areas and certain surgeries.
The procedure involves the retrieval of active and healthy sperms from the male partner via surgical or non-surgical means and injecting the healthiest of these into the cytoplasm of the egg taken from the female partner with the help of a small needle. The procedure is performed very carefully without inducing any damage on the egg as well as the sperm. Both the sperm and the egg fertilize to form the embryo, which is then carefully attached to the wall of the uterus where it grows under natural conditions.
Many patients opting for ICSI Infertility Treatment are not aware of the risks and benefits of the treatment and seem quiet confused about the procedure as it is quite new, however, the leading ICSI Infertility Treatment clinics providecomplete information and guidance to their patients and educate them about the various risks and benefits prior to the procedure. This helps to elevate the confidence of the couples undergoing the procedure. Not being able to conceive surely is overwhelming but the right treatment can help you overcome it.
The procedure is quite new. In fact, it was first performed in 1997. Ever since then, the procedure has helped hundreds and thousands of couples to live their dream of holding their baby in their arms. If you think that ICSI might be an option for you, consult an expert today and get yourself evaluated for the same.
Back To Home