Bone Cancer Type and Symptoms
By magnusm medi
Bone cancer begins in any bone in the body but mostly affects the pelvis or the long bones in the arms and legs. Bone cancer occurs when a tumor forms in a bone. A Tumor may be malignant, it means it’s growing aggressively and spreading to other parts of the body. Bone cancer is a rare type of cancer. It divided into primary and secondary bone cancer.
Type of Bone Cancer
Primary cancer is the most common and serious one they found directly in the bones or surrounding tissues. Cancer spread from another part of your body to your bones this is known as a secondary type of cancer. This type is more common than a primary type of bone cancer.
Common type of bone cancer includes:
This occurs in the pelvis, thigh areas, and shoulders of older adults. This is the second most common primary cancer involving the bones. It happens most often in people between 40 and 70
- Ewing’s Sarcoma
Related Post - Bone Marrow Transplant India
Ewing’s sarcoma is rare cancer that begins either in the soft tissues surrounding the bones or directly in the bones of children and young adults between the ages of 5 and 20.
Osteosarcoma It has a tendency to originate at the tips of the long bones in the arms and legs. It may also start in the hips, shoulders, or other location mostly in young adults.
The patient will experience pain in the affected area. over time the pain will worsen. In some cases, the pain is stable and the patient may not see the doctor for several months. bone cancer pain is a deep and nagging sign and symptoms of bone cancer may include:
- Bone pain.
- Swelling and tenderness near the affected area.
Connect with top Doctors and Hospitals in India
- Weakened bone, leading to fracture.
- weight loss.
Less common symptoms are:
- Night sweats.
Related Post - Bone Marrow Transplantation in Blood Cancer
There is no clear what causes bone cancer. but doctor found certain risk associated which increase the risk for bone cancer.
- Inherited genetic syndromes - Certain genetic syndromes passed through families increase the risk of bone cancer.
- Paget's disease of bone - Its most commonly occurs in older adults. Paget's disease of bone can increase the risk of bone cancer developing later.
- Radiation therapy for cancer - People who exposure to large doses of radiation, like such those given during radiation therapy for cancer.